IAR is a leading French Bioeconomy Cluster, recognised across Europe and internationally. It gathers over 380 members from across the entire bio-based value chain, from upstream agricultural inputs to the marketing of finished products. Members include agricultural cooperatives, research institutions and universities, companies of all sizes, public stakeholders…
A catalyst for bioeconomy innovation, over the last ten years the IAR Cluster has succeeded in transforming France into a world leader in the field of renewable resource development. By bringing stakeholders together, the Cluster strengthens project proposals and supports innovative developments. IAR is a worldwide reference for bioeconomy clusters.
James PHILP, Science and Technology Policy Analyst for the Bioeconomy, OECD
INNOVATION, INDUSTRIALISATION, ADVOCACY
Transform France into ‘THE’ European bioeconomy leader based on its national strengths
Boost corporate competitiveness and industrialisation through innovation. Provide a structure and coordination and facilitate the growth of a unique world ecosystem
Promote the bioeconomy and its stakeholders
The IAR Cluster works on all topics related to the production and optimal use of biological resources (agriculture, forestry, marine resources or by-products and residues) for food, industrial and energy purposes.
Our four strategic objectives are subdivided into:
OVER 380 MEMBERS
Since 2005, IAR has supported more than 270 projects worth €1.7 billion. IAR has a broad membership of active and innovative stakeholders from across the entire bio-based value chain.
Cluster member types in 2017
Training and research organisations
Others: communities, financial organisations, consulting firms
By offering tailored support, IAR Cluster services are designed to improve your competitiveness through innovation.
- Innovation strategy review
- Support in the set-up phase, as well as monitoring and implementation of regional, French and European projects
- Advisory role
- Expertise and certification
- Tremplin, a dedicated business intelligence platform for Cluster members
- Tailored research to support decision-making and transform opportunities into development projects
- Exploratory missions in target countries: Brazil, Malaysia, Thailand, USA, Canada...
- Help in identifying technology and commercial partners
- Support with fundraising
- Tailored support to accelerate the transition from the demonstration phase to the commercial phase
- Pinpointing current and future skills needs
- Accreditation for training delivered by our members
- Sharing job vacancies, internship and apprenticeship opportunities
- Facilitating the Cluster's strategic partnerships
- Promoting members' activities
- Organising meetings and discussions (conferences, technical days, workshops etc) to support networking and linking opportunities between scientists, industrialists, investors etc.